PSC Jobs and Vacancies for the post of Enforcement Officer at the Mauritius Ministry of Arts and Culture are available till Monday 1st July 2010.
Candidates, unless already in the service, should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
1. Candidates should possess:
A. a Cambridge School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts obtained at not more than two sittings or Passes not below Grade C in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts obtained at not more than two sittings at the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” provided that at one of the sittings, passes have been obtained either
(i) in five subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any two subjects or
(ii) in six subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any one subject.
Note Candidates not possessing a credit in English Language at the Cambridge School Certificate will also be considered provided they possess passes in at least two subjects at “Principal Level” and one subject at “Subsidiary Level” as well as the General Paper obtained on one certificate at the Cambridge Higher School Certificate Examinations; and
B. a Cambridge Higher School Certificate or Passes in at least two subjects obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level” OR
Equivalent qualifications to A and B above acceptable to the Public Service Commission.
- be computer literate
- have the flair and aptitude for inspection and enforcement work and
- have a forceful personality and good communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualification at 1.A above should have been obtained prior to qualification at 1.B above.
Candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge claimed. The Commission reserves the right to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
DUTIES AND SALARY
1. To enforce all laws relating to Film Classification and to assist in the enforcement of the Films Act.
2. To carry out checks at film trade premises generally including cinema halls, video shops and video clubs and ensure compliance with the provisions of the law.
3. To make enquiries, collect information and submit appropriate reports concerning exhibition of films.
4. To prepare daily reports on activities and checks effected.
5. To take necessary action to obtain search warrant to search places and seize films, as appropriate, under the provisions of the law.
6. To investigate into complaints received from the public regarding the exhibition of films.
7. To make inquiries and prepare case files and perform prosecution duties.
8. To attend Court, as and when required.
9. To be responsible for the safe keeping of exhibits.
10. To perform word processing and other basic ICT functions.
11. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from Enforcement Officers in the roles ascribed to them.
Note Enforcement Officers will be required to work outside normal working hours. The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale Rs 10,950 x 250 – 11,700 x 300 – 13,800 x 400 – 15,000 x 500 – 16,000 x 600 – 21,400 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates should submit their application on PSC Form 7 which may be obtained either from the Enquiry Counter of the Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms, Ground Floor, Emmanuel Anquetil Building, Port Louis or from the Enquiry Counter of the Public Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side or from the Chief Commissioner’s Office, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues.
Candidates already in service should submit their application in duplicate, the original to be sent directly to the Secretary, Public Service Commission and the duplicate through their respective Supervising/Responsible Officers.
Candidates are advised to read carefully the “NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES” before filling in the application form. Care should be taken to fill in the application form correctly. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach the Secretary, Public Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side, not later than 3.00 p.m. on 01 July 2010.
Subscribe to our free email alert delivery to be informed of all latest PSC Vacancies.
To subscribe simply enter your email below and submit. You will then receive a confirmation email in your inbox right away. Go to your email and click the confirmation link.