PSC Jobs and Vacancies for the post of General Officer at the Mauritius Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms are available till Monday 28 June 2010.
Candidates should have reached their 18th birthday and, unless already in the service, they should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
1. Candidates should possess:
A. a Cambridge School Certificate with credit in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts obtained at not more than two sittings or
Passes not below Grade C in at least five subjects including English Language, French and Mathematics or Principles of Accounts obtained at not more than two sittings at the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” provided that at one of the sittings, passes have been obtained either (i) in five subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any two subjects or (ii) in six subjects including English Language with at least Grade C in any one subject.
Candidates not possessing a credit in English Language at the Cambridge School Certificate will also be considered provided they possess passes in at least two subjects at “Principal Level” and one subject at “Subsidiary Level” as well as the General Paper obtained on one certificate at the Cambridge Higher School Certificate Examinations; and
B. a Cambridge Higher School Certificate or Passes in at least two subjects obtained on one certificate at the General Certificate of Education “Advanced Level”.
Equivalent qualifications to A and B above acceptable to the Public Service Commission.
C. The Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3) with knowledge of office package or documentary evidence of any approved IT proficiency programme followed.
2. Candidates should also -
(i) possess good communication skills;
(ii) have a positive attitude towards work; and
(iii) have a general knowledge of national and international issues.
Qualification at A above should have been obtained prior to qualification at B above.
The Commission reserves the right to convene only the best qualified candidates for interview.
IV. DUTIES AND SALARY
1. To perform clerical and word processing duties including, inter alia, -
(i) preparation, scrutiny and processing of documents and records;
(ii) typing and collating a variety of general office correspondence and documents, according to competencies;
(iii) maintaining files of correspondence, forms, reports and other materials;
(iv) receiving, sorting and processing mail and preparing material for mailing;
(v) photocopying reports and other documents and operating standard office machines such as telefax machine;
(vi) carrying out word processing and data entry and updating information in a computer system;
(vii) carrying out registry, simple finance, human resource and procurement and supply work, under supervision.
(viii)assisting in administrative duties within the division/section/unit and providing general support to operational services;
(ix) drafting of replies to simple correspondence;
(x) operating e-mail services and carrying out secretarial duties, as and when required;
(xi) effecting simple research on matters pertaining to the department and submit results thereof, as required; and
(xii) keeping records regarding documents, books, magazines, etc, of the Ministry/Department, and assisting users by providing relevant information, whenever required.
2. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from Officers in the roles ascribed to them according to their postings.
Selected candidates will be employed to give assistance at Officer level on a month-to-month basis with a flat salary of Rs 9,600 a month plus salary compensation at the approved rate. The employment may be terminated at any time in the event of incompetence, misconduct and insubordination. They will, subject to satisfactory service, be offered appointment in a substantive capacity, as and when vacancies occur.
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale Rs 9,600 x 200 – 10,200 x 250 – 11,700 x 300 – 13,800 x 400 – 15,000 x 500 – 16,000 x 600 – 21,400 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
V. MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Qualified candidates should submit their application on PSC Form 7 which may be obtained either from the Enquiry Counter of the Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms, Ground Floor, Emmanuel Anquetil Building, Port Louis or from the Enquiry Counter of the Public Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side or from the Chief Commissioner’s Office, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues.
2. Candidates already in the service should submit their application in duplicate, the original to be sent directly to the Secretary, Public Service Commission and the duplicate through their respective Supervising/Responsible Officers.
3. Candidates are advised to read carefully the “NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES” before filling in the application form. Care should be taken to fill in the application form correctly. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of the applicant.
VI. CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach the Secretary, Public Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side, not later than 3.00 p.m. on Monday 28 June 2010.
Subscribe to our free email alert delivery to be informed of all latest PSC Vacancies.
To subscribe simply enter your email below and submit. You will then receive a confirmation email in your inbox right away. Go to your email and click the confirmation link.