The online application 2012 for admission to the University of Mauritius (UOM) is open since the 18th February. The enrolment of students at UOM for undergraduate, postgraduate and auditeur libre are open and registration can be done at the online registration page of UOM here.
The online registration of UOM course will end on the 26th March of 2012. For applicant’s from Rodrigues Island, you can download the required form here. Hurry up so that you are not among the mass traffic on UOM server when the deadline will be approaching.
Courses Available for Academic Year 2012 – 2013 at UOM
The whole list of new courses at UOM, details about the online registration and fees can be found in this PDF file here.
A Total of 85 Courses are available for the academic year 2012 – 2013 at UOM with some newly introduced courses such as: BA Law and Criminal Justice, BSc Food Science and Technology, BSc Agriscience and Technology.
How To Apply at UOM?
Online application is being accepted between 18.02.2012 to 26.03.2012. You can apply online at this address: http://online.uom.ac.mu/Application/
You can also use the online toolkit at: http://toolkit.uom.ac.mu/toolkit/SCResult.aspx to easily choose a suitable course.
- Have your Bank Office Cheque or a Postal Money Order (drawn to the order of UNIVERSITY OF MAURITIUS) of Rs 1, 000 ready (Personal cheque will not be accepted). You are advised to keep a photocopy of the Bank Office Cheque/Postal Money Order.
- Apply Online and carefully follow all procedures and instructions.
- A Printed Copy of your Online Application Form together with a Bank Office Cheque or a Postal Money Order (drawn to the order of UNIVERSITY OF MAURITIUS) of Rs 1,000 representing a non-refundable Application Fee must be sent by registered post only to the following address:
Admissions and Student Records Office,
Lim Fat Engineering Tower,
University of Mauritius,
- You are advised to keep the Mauritius Post Ltd postage receipt as evidence of application.
- The University will acknowledge receipt of application online when all the above-mentioned documents are received. Applicants will then be able to print their receipt online.
- Limited computer facilities for Online Application will be available on the UoM campus.
As mentioned on the pdf file, limited computer facilities for Online Application will be available on the UoM campus. However, applicants are strongly advised and encouraged to complete all application procedures from their home, so as to avoid long queues. I personally do not advise you to depend on the facilities at uom to apply!
If anyone is having any doubt about anything, just leave a comment here about your doubt and I or anyone here shall try to clear the doubt for you. (Concerning application ofcourse.) Good Luck to everyone!
Last updated: February 2012