Eye twitching is a common phenomenon which may happen to anyone of us at anytime. You are well dressed in your best suit to attend a marriage and your eye starts to twitch. You are going for the interview which is supposed to change your life and your eye starts to twitch. You are about to propose her and your eye start to twitch. Ain’t that hell?
According to grandmother believes, if your left eye twitches then something bad is going to happen or you may have an unpleasant surprise. However, if your right eye twitches then definitely something good is going to happen. What about winning a lottery?
If we trust grandmother beliefs, if your left twitches before you propose her or attend at interview then simply do not go for it and wait for your right eye to twitch. Not really practical right?
Let us get to some facts about eye twitching
There are a number of scientific reasons behind eye twitching.
- Twitching eyelid can be a symptom of a muscle or self confidence disorder such as Blepharaspasms. In such a case, you doctor is going to make the diagnosis.
- Eye twitching can be associated with fatigue, stress or caffeine.
- Lack of sleep can also be one of the reasons of eye twitching.
Tips to relieve eye twitch
- Massage the affected eyelid
- Move your index spinal column and forth from the inner to outer part of the lid. It should be a soft process for around one minute.
- Compress – Use a warm, damp compress on the eyelid for around 10 miuntes to soothe the eyes.
If the eye twitching persists, then it is recommended that you contact your doctor. (I said a doctor! Not a priest!)