Vacancies are available for the Posts of Hospital Officers in the Mauritius Prison Service. Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as Hospital Officers in the MPS. You can also view the list of all Latest PSC Mauritius Vacancies by clicking here.
Candidates, unless already in the service, should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of application.
Candidates should be:
(i) fully registered as a Nurse in accordance with section 22 of the Nursing Council Act; and
(ii) computer literate.
SALARY AND ALLOWANCES
1. The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale of Rs 14,600 x 400 – 15,000 x 500 – 16,000 x 600 – 23,200 x 800 – 28,000 x 1,000 – 29,000 a month plus salary compensation at approved rates.
Appointment in a temporary capacity in the grade carries a flat salary of Rs 14,600 a month.
2. Hospital Officers are eligible for the following allowances at the approved rate and on appointment in a substantive capacity they will be paid:
(a) a risk allowance of Rs 400 monthly;
(b) a rent allowance of Rs 960 monthly; and
(c) a retention allowance of Rs480.
Hospital Officers will be required to perform the duties listed below, however, Hospital Officers (Female) will be required to attend to female detainees only:
1. To attend to sick detainees and to supervise all detainees admitted to the Prisons Hospital.
2. To accompany detainees requiring medical treatment at a public hospital outside.
3. To provide, or ensure that is provided, any care relating to the personal hygiene of sick detainees.
4. To administer/dispense medicines and drugs and to do dressings and injections including intravenous injections as directed by the Prisons Medical Officer and under the supervision of the Chief Hospital Officer.
5. To participate in the rehabilitation programme for substance abusers and detainees living with HIV/AIDS.
6. To ensure that all forms of prescribed treatment are carried out.
7. To prepare and keep records on sick detainees.
8. To take care of and sterilize medical instruments and equipment as appropriate .
9. To ensure that nursing point and equipment are kept clean and in good order.
10. To use ICT in the performance of his/her duties.
11. To perform such other duties as are laid down in Prisons Regulations, Standing Orders and such other orders as may be issued from time to time.
12. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from Hospital Officers (Male)/ Hospital Officers (Female) in the roles ascribed to them.
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Qualified candidates should submit their application on DFSC Form 7 (download here) which may be obtained either from the Enquiry Counter of the Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms, Ground Floor, Emmanuel Anquetil Building, Port Louis or from the Enquiry Counter of the Public and Disciplined Forces Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side or from the Chief Commissioner’s Office, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues or from the offices of the Mauritius High Commission/Embassies overseas.
2. Candidates already in the service should submit their applications in duplicate, the original to be sent directly to the Secretary, Disciplined Forces Service Commission and the duplicate through their respective Supervising/Responsible Officers.
3. Candidates are advised to read carefully the NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES before filling in the application form. Care should be taken to fill in the application form correctly. Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Applications should reach the Secretary, Disciplined Forces Service Commission, 7, Louis Pasteur Street, Forest Side, not later than 3.00 p.m. on Monday 26 April 2010.
Acknowledgment of applications will be made as far as possible by e-mail. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit their e-mail address.
Subscribe to our free email alert delivery to be informed of all latest PSC Vacancies.
To subscribe simply enter your email below and submit. You will then receive a confirmation email in your inbox right away. Go to your email and click the confirmation link.