Scotiabank of Trinidad and Tobago among the best places to work in the Caribbean
News day reporter
Scotiabank Trinidad and Tobago has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Caribbean 2022 by Great Place to Work.
This year’s awards were given to companies that have successfully maintained an environment and culture of trust and sound practices to continue to overcome the challenges posed by the covid19 pandemic.
Gayle Pazos, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Scotiabank TT, said, “This award means a lot to us because it is employee-focused and gives a true representation of the bank from an employee perspective. We are delighted that our employees believe that Scotiabank is a great place to work. It is essential for us to create a culture where each employee feels valued, respected and encouraged to reach their full potential by fully investing in their work. They are our most valuable asset and we continue to invest in them.
Over the past year, Scotiabank continued to provide its employees with key resources to support their total well-being, physical and mental health, and career development. Most notably, in February 2022, the bank expanded its parental leave benefits and included the following major changes, making Scotiabank the first in the industry to introduce these changes:
• Maternity leave increased from 14 to 16 weeks
• Paternity leave increased from three days to four weeks
• Eligibility for adoption and surrogacy
The bank also continues to:
• Support employee well-being – a new digital employee and family support platform was launched with 24/7 phone access, a dedicated mobile app and website.
• Invest in talent development – evolve the employee learning experience with new virtual training platforms and programs.
• Promote diversity, equity and inclusion – promote gender equity in the workplace, create an inclusive environment for employees with disabilities and promote inclusive policies for all employees regardless of differences.
Scotiabank TT is also on the list of Best Multinational Workplaces 2022.